Social responsibility is not new to family businesses. However, issues related to sustainability, climate risk, poverty and uncertainty in many parts of the world are rising in importance. Leaders are turning their attention to ‘people, planet and profit’ goals to generate value for the environment, create jobs, contribute to community prosperity and deliver long-term value to the family as well as the business.
Better together: Profitability with responsibility
The old days of ‘corporate social responsibility’ are being replaced by a much broader strategic mindset, and family businesses with the families’ purpose and values embedded in the business have an opportunity to make important contributions to the community of global leaders who are setting out on new paths to do what’s good for their business and for the world.
We’re pleased to have this opportunity to share their many insights and guidance for family business leaders globally who are looking for new ways to progress their companies’ social and environmental agendas. There is no ‘one-size-fits-all approach, and we’re happy to be able to share three very different, but equally impactful progressive approaches to social responsibility ranging from purpose-driven innovators to established industry leaders.
This issue’s main contents:
• Better together: Profitability and responsibility
• Connecting the dots: The workforce, social responsibility and business performance
• Building a strategic: framework on a solid foundation
• Key insights – Strategic considerations
• Measuring what matters
• Key insights – Measuring impact
• Practical implications: Where do family business go from here?
• The journey from doing good to “creating value”
Read full issue now!